For the love of nails, inspiration and all things beautiful

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day Five - Lace or Fabric

I had so much fun doing today's challenge. I was able to complete this manicure on my very first attempt. Unlike the last two days. I had never used flocking powder before. It was easy to work with and super fun trying something new.























I painted all my nails white and let that dry. Working with one nail at a time, I then applied a base coat and applied the flocking powder while the base coat was wet. I firmly pressed the flocking powder down and let it sit on the nail for about ten minutes before sweeping the loose flocking powder off my nail with a dry crafting paint brush. For the accent nail I took a thin tipped sharpie pen and drew the heart shape. I then applied a matching pink polish from Kleancolor called Barbie Pink and filled in the heart outline. I then sprinkled the flocking power over the pink heart. I didn't press the heart as firmly as the other nail since I didn't want to lose the shape of the heart. 




































I just love this manicure. It's so fun and flirty and very Valentine's Day. Have you used flocking powder? Be sure to check out the other Valentine manicures!



7 comments:

  1. Another adorable mani! Are you just looking at it all the time? I think I would be =) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sadly only wore it for about 20 minutes. I'm going to do another mani with flocking powder soon for sure. The little time I did have it on my nails I kept touching it. So weird with it not being soft and slick like I'm use to

      Delete
  2. Ooh wow, this one is so cute! How lovely the fluffy stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest flocking mani i think i've seen! SUPER CUTE!!! I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award. please see my post (not spam) for more info! http://mavoreenslacquerobsession.blogspot.com/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award-and-nominees.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY first attempt with flocking powder did not go well at all! Haha! Must try it again! These look fab!*

    ReplyDelete

© Sugar Coated Nails, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena