For the love of nails, inspiration and all things beautiful

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Then and Now Nail Art


A few weeks back I saw some really neat posts pop up about fellow nail bloggers sharing their "Then and Now" nail art. Such a simple idea, yet really shows yourself, and other people, how far you have come with your nail art and photography. So I searched through some of my old nail art pictures and found a manicure I thought would be perfect for this then and now theme.

Below is a manicure, that at the time, I thought was one of my best. I had just started nail art and branching out with different designs. With fun blue and white stripes and beautiful flowers, how could people not love this? Wow, was I a silly girl.


Then
Check out those amazing photography skills I possessed back then. ;) The even crazier thing is that I posted this on my tumblr on September 17th, 2011 and wondered why no one re-posted it. Baha hahahaha!


Now
Now
Now

So much better! Amazing what good lighting, angles and focus can do! I can hardly believe I used the same Orly Gumdrop polish for both manicures. Sometimes when I do my nails I feel like I'm not going to be as good as the more popular nail art bloggers. However seeing this, I feel like I have come a long way, and look forward to seeing my skills grow even more.



POLISH INFORMATIONOrly: Gumdrop
Sinful Colors: Snow Me White
Julep: Mackenzie
Princessa Nail Color: Unnamed Dark Green
Pure Ice: Gossip!
Sinful Colors: Cotton Candy


4 comments:

  1. My favourite part: how much your freehand has improved :) Those roses are fantastic!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you give some tips on photography? Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

© Sugar Coated Nails, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena